PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation letter

redPill
03-01-2004, 08:49 AM
My Aunt living in Australia mailed our papers about 2-3 weeks ago. They have recieved a confirmation from the post office that the letter has been recieved by the recipient. Up to now we have not received any confirmation letter from the embassy.

How long does it usually take them to have hold of the papers? were getting worried they might not have receive it... how do we confirm they got it?

thanks.

CB
03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
What application did you lodge and where did you lodge it ?

redPill
03-02-2004, 09:33 AM
I applied for a General Skilled Migration (Family SPonsored). My aunt mailed it to Adelaide as indicated in the booklet.

They recieved a confirmation 2 days after they sent it, but this was form the postal office. Im sure the address is correct because we just follwed what is written in the booklet.

My ACS assessment will expire this march. followup question would be, if one of the important papers will expire, will they follow the date the docs has been recieved or will they use the date the officer gets hold of the docs?

thanks.

CB
03-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Don't worry too much - if you have proof that the documents were delivered, that's all you need in case of a problem later on.

ACS assessment - NOT GOOD - this must be valid at time of decision of the application (can be up to 12 / 13 months after lodge date). If this expires, then technically the application is not valid.

Another good reason to perhaps use professional advice in applications ?

redPill
03-02-2004, 01:17 PM
oh no..

do you think i need to get another assesment? and pass that? whats the best thing to do?

CB
03-02-2004, 01:27 PM
oh no..

do you think i need to get another assesment? and pass that? whats the best thing to do?

I suggest you contact the ACS and request from them to provide you with a new assessment OR a new approval letter that will be valid for a further 12 months at least - then send it to DIMIA right away with your full details attached, or your file ref. number if you have it by that time.

Good luck !

redPill
03-02-2004, 02:15 PM
ACS assessment only last for 12 months.. so are you saying you should get the assessment everytime your visa app is extended? what if you got the ACS assessment, then you lodged the app after 2-3 months, its already invalid..

CB
03-02-2004, 02:20 PM
When did you get your ACS approval ?

They are normally valid for 24 months.

redPill
03-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I applied for that 2 years ago. got it approved last year. its said 1 year. did they change policy?